These days cyclists have a ton of options from which to choose a qualified and professional coach. Do a quick search through USA Cycling and you’ll find the number of “certified” cycling coaches has exploded in the past five years. Whichever coach you decide to employ here are several attributes that I believe are crucial:
A good coach…
- Has a solid background in exercise science/kinesiology/exercise physiology and can apply this knowledge to create data driven, science-backed training plans.
- Has knowledge of current technological advances in the sport and knows how to best use technology to improve performance.
- Has the ability to artfully blend exercise science, training/performance data, and human variability into a flexible and dynamic training plan for long term athletic success.
- Can communicate the what, why, when, and where to maximize motivation and personal ownership.
- Makes a personal investment in their athletes and cares about their success and fulfillment in life.
Be the first to know about new blog posts while getting inside training tips delivered to your inbox. No spam, ever, I promise.
To learn why my cycling coaching is different click here
For a complete archive of my blog posts click here