Join us January 13-15, 2018 in the Napa Valley for an amazing weekend of riding, learning, and eating. Here’s what you can expect from our camp:
Napa Valley Training Camp
Ride – Learn – Eat
- Great accommodations and perfect location in Calistoga, CA at the Best Western Stevenson Manor.
- World class riding throughout the Napa Valley, encompassing challenging climbs, technical descents, and scenic flats. You won’t forget any of these rides!
- Expert coaching and ride guidance from two USA Cycling Certified coaches.
- Our camp is sanctioned by USA Cycling, meaning you’ll earn 3 upgrade points from a Cat 4 to Cat 3.
- Local dining at several of Nate’s favorite restaurants in Calistoga and St. Helena, all included in the camp price.
- Early bird discount of $100 if you register by October 31st. Use coupon code PLANAHEAD at checkout.
Saturday, Day 1 | 34 miles, 2400 feet climbing
We’ll meet together in St. Helena for quick introductions before we head out to tackle one of Nate’s favorite climbs up Old Howell Mountain Road. We’ll use the data from this effort as a learning tool later in the evening, but for now you can do your best to try and knock off Levi Leipheimer’s KOM.
After finishing the climb we’ll resume our route through Nate’s home town of Angwin, into Pope Valley, through Chiles Valley, and finally back into St. Helena where we’ll enjoy sandwiches from Guigni’s, the best deli in the history of the world (OK, Nate’s a little biased, he’s been eating here for over 25 years).
After lunch we’ll head into Calistoga where we’ll check into our hotel before a brief presentation on how to use the data from our climb up Old Howell Mountain to better understand our current level of fitness and inform future planning.
After our schoolwork we’ll head out for dinner to a fabulous farm to table restaurant, Farmstead, in St. Helena.
Sunday, Day 2 | 80 miles, 8600 feet climbing
After a quick breakfast at the hotel, we’ll head west by car toward Santa Rosa where we’ll take in our biggest ride of the weekend. Covering King Ridge road with incredible views of the Pacific Ocean we’ll take in a loop covering 80 miles and 8600 feet of climbing.
All that riding will be the perfect primer for our trip back toward the Napa Valley where we’ll have dinner at another of Nate’s favorite restaurants, the carb heavy, glycogen restoration utopia that is Pizzeria Tra Vigne in St. Helena.
After dinner we’ll head back toward Calistoga where we’ll take in another short presentation on how to utilize smarter nutrition to improve your riding.
Monday, Day 3 | 51 miles, 5400 feet climbing
After a quick breakfast at the hotel, we’ll head out from our rooms up a classic cycling route over Mt. St Helena, through some incredible dirt roads, and finally up Ink Grade before heading down a great descent back into Calistoga.
After packing up we’ll close out our camp by visiting Gott’s Roadside in St. Helena for a quick burger fix before your trip home.
If you have any additional questions about the camp please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you there!
Camp Registration Conditions
- No cancellations based on weather. We ride rain or shine. You probably already knew that.
- If you decide to cancel your registration more than 30 days prior to the camp start date you will be refunded 75% of your registration price. If you cancel less than 30 days before the camp start date there will be no refunds.
- Final cycling routes may change from what is published.
- Final restaurant selection may change based on seating availability. Alcohol on your own tab.