Join the Data Driven Athlete coaches for an open ride (free of course) starting in Folsom and heading toward Placerville on some of the best roads in the Sacramento area. Here is our ride schedule for the winter
October 23, 2016 November 27, 2016 December 18, 2016
- January 8, 2017 (Ride shortened due to rain, leaves at 9AM)
- Rolls at 9AM sharp from Karen’s Bakery in Folsom, CA. Arrive at 8:45 to make sure you have everything dialed and ready to roll.
- Make sure to bring an extra tube and CO2.
- Bring enough food to sustain you on a four hour ride. Read this article if you have questions about how much food to take.
- Our route will cover 7500 feet of climbing in 70 miles. If you ride an 11-23 cassette you’ll hate your life.
- We’ll aim for a roughly 4 hour time slot, with a ride time from 8 to 12.
- For a Strava route of our ride click on this link.
Ride Pace and A/B Groups
- Group pace will be a steady Cat 3/4 conversational pace to Rescue.
- After a quick 2 minute regroup at the fire station, we’ll head out toward Placerville with separate A and B groups.
- The A group will continue around a Cat 2/3 conversational pace, the B group around a Cat 3/4 conversational pace.
- Conversational pace until Chili Bar where we’ll go full gas up 193.
- Conversational pace for the remainder of ride with final regroups in Cameron Park.
- Head back toward Folsom where we’ll do a ride debrief over a cup of coffee at a local coffee shop.
- This is an unsupported ride. Be prepared to call home for a ride if you need to.
- Ride safely and always follow traffic laws.
- Ride within your own limits and take descents at your own pace.
Ride goes off rain or shine. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you there!